1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We are anti-spam
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, our website’s are designed to comply with the following national and international legislations with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using an email link, none of the data that you supply will be passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined. The data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3.3 Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us if imported directly into Mail Chimp. We consider Mail Chimp to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored on this website or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within Mail Chimp for as long as we continue to use Mail Chimp services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by emailing email@example.com. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the Mail Chimp, you will receive periodic newsletter-style emails from us.
3.1 What data we gather & how we use it
We may collect the following information:
Your Email address
Specifically, we may use data:
To send you information about our services and news
4.0 How we store your personal information
Your email address is only stored on Mail Chimps database.
If you have emailed us directly your contact details will be kept within our encrypted email account & on file if you become a client of Orqa Design.
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted on servers run within a seven state-of-the-art data centers, which are located in Europe and the USA.
Some of the more notable security features are as follows:
- The Green Grid industry body, comply with the European Code of Conduct for Datacentre Operators best practice guidelines
- Externally audited and certified to ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) and ISO 27001 (Information Security) standards
- 24×7 security and NOC staff being present, high security perimeter fencing.
- A state-of-the-art IP CCTV system and access control system form part of the comprehensive security arrangements, including man-traps, interlocked doors, and biometric iris scanners.
- High-end fire suppression systems are fitted throughout the entire facility.
- All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
- 2 level firewalls protect our server against attacks and unauthorised access.
6.0 Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s files and of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.